photos from the month

One day last week, the chimps took us to the top of one of the highest hills at about seven in the morning, just in time to see the sunrise. The hills in the foreground are all part of Kibale National Park, and in the far distance you can see the Rwenzori Mountains. This mountain range is also the border with the Congo.

I haven't yet learned what this plant is, but I saw it in the forest this week. Isn't it crazy!? I think probably a fly trap of some sort. 

The view from my porch, watching a storm roll in. My house looks just like the other two in this photo - each one is a duplex and I have half the house to myself. 

A particularly large elephant, as you can see from this footprint, was hanging out nearby us in the forest a few weeks back. I could also see prints from its wrinkly skin in the mud.



I got poured on while I was trying to get to town to get groceries. Luckily anyone will let you stay on their porch to wait it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donna, game driver and total badass

Iron Man, hero of my field season and much-missed friend.

and we're live